Skip to main content

First things first Thing 1: Setting Up a Blog

Tap, tap  Is this thing on?  Of course it isn't.  It's a blog.  Blog (n) "(a truncation of the expression "weblog") is a discussion or informational website published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete, often informal diary-style text entries ("posts")"  (v)  To shout into the void.  But I digress.
Hello, I intend to participate in Rudai 23, an Irish take on 23 Things, an education & learning project created by Helene Bowers, technology director of the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library as a way of encouraging librarians to become familiar with Web 2.0 (remember that?) tools.  I'm looking forward to this.  

Comments

  1. Hi there, my name is Kris, I'll be your moderator for Rudai 23. I'll be keeping track of and commenting on your blog from time to time. Thanks for joining the course!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 2: A blog post: Reflections on teaching and learning

I'm falling behind with this, so I'm going to cheat a little and use something I wrote elsewhere Adventures in IT Where I work, I am the systems librarian.  This means that I have a little more interactions with software than the rest of the staff.  This also means that when there's an IT issue at the desk, I sometimes have to come to the rescue. A few years ago I saw this tweet. Librarianship: Being regularly willing and able to admit you don't know something but you are immediately interested in finding the answer. — Abigail Goben (@hedgielib) February 6, 2013 I love this tweet; it encapsulates a lot, to me anyway,  of what librarianship is about: having a sense of curiosity (finding the answer) and helping other people (finding the answers to other people's [library] problems). I mostly work behind the scenes, but I do spend a little time at the library desk.  Time at the desk is good for backroom staff as it's good to get a feel for the issues that